MARTINI MONDAY – (enjoy the first evening of the
week with a cool cocktail and a easy snack!)
How about a nice juicy combination of orange and blue for our Bears. You can make these for Sunday’s game with the Pack. Maybe serve a little cheese on the side!
BLOOD ORANGE MARTINI
- 4 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 2 ounces blood orange juice
- 2 blood orange slices
In a martini shaker combine all ingredients except the orange slices with a generous amount of ice. Shake vigorously for a few seconds. Strain the libation from the ice into a martini glass. Garnish with the orange slices.
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over blueberries.
- Line pie dish with one pie crust. Pour berry mixture into the crust, and dot with butter. Cut remaining pastry into 1/2 – 3/4 inch wide strips, and make lattice top. Crimp and flute edges.
- Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Laugh, learn and liven up your taste buds!