FOODIE FRIDAY – (enjoy a
new recipe to try this weekend!)
I’m cutting up a watermelon to bring for a party tomorrow and thought hmmmm how am I gonna give it a goddess twist? Vodka? Marrying it to other fruit? Watermelon meet blueberry – I now pronounce you man and wife.
How about an interesting salad?
Summer Watermelon Salad
- 3/4 cup halved, thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 quarts seeded, cubed watermelon
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted black olive halves
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
In a large bowl, combine the watermelon cubes, feta cheese, black olives, onions with the lime juice, and mint. Drizzle olive oil over it all, and toss to blend. Dig in and be prepared for a pleasant surprise!
Laugh, learn and liven up your taste buds!