YES! It’s time again for the PEEPs art show. Artists create weird wonderful art filled with PEEPs. I’ve always be intrigued by them.
If you’d like to compete, here is the link: http://ramart.org/ram/International-PEEPS-Competition.html
|RAM’s Second Annual
International PEEPS® Competition
April 1 – April 28, 2011
|Artists of all ages are invited to be part of the first and only museum competition of this kind in the world. Enter to win amazing prizes, including two exciting PEEPS® Brand Prized Packages. Your PEEPS® creation will be on display at the Racine Art Museum!
Deliver your artwork inspired by PEEPS® to RAM before 4:00 pm on Sunday, March 27, along with completed entry form.
Your entry will be judged on creativity and the best use of PEEPS.®
Entry is FREE, and open to all ages and members of the family (except pets!).
Use any variety of PEEPS,® or create your own representation. No other food items may be used.
And I even found a cooking with PEEPs website: http://www.topoimagery.com/peeps/main.html
Peppers and Peeps Stir Fry
2 tsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. dry sherry
2 tsp. water
2 tsp. cornstarch
12 oz. Peeps Chicks and/or Bunnies
3 1/2 tbsp. cooking oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 large green pepper, cut into strips
1/2 cup sliced bamboo shoots (optional)
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, cornstarch, sherry, water, and a dash of white pepper
- Add Peeps and toss to coat
- Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil and let stand 15 minutes
- Prepare cooking sauce by mixing together, then set aside
- Place a wok or frying pan over high heat
- When pan is hot, add 2 tbsp. of the oil
- As oil heats, add garlic and stir once
- Add green peppers and stir fry until crisp-tender
- Add remaining oil to pan, add Peeps and bamboo shoots if desired
- Stir fry for 1 1/2 minutes or until Peeps are tender
- Stir cooking sauce and add to pan
- Cook until sauce bubbles and thickens
- Remove from heat and serve over rice
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp. dry sherry
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
1/4 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 tbsp. cornstarch
The original PEEPs artist:http://www.peepsshow.com/
Laugh, learn and liven up your taste buds!