FOODIE FRIDAY – (enjoy a new recipe to try this weekend!)
Ok Mrs. Kris Horn, you want a healthier choice dessert? Here you go! And if it ain’t low fat enough baby dance to this song. You’ll work it off!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- – OR –
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup strong brewed coffee
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk or strong brewed coffee
- 1 tub (12 oz.) frozen reduced-fat non-diary whipped topping
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate, grated
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, in large mixer bowl combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, coffee and milk. Beat on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Evenly spread over cereal mixture.
5. Fold together whipped topping and sour cream. Spread over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle top with chocolate. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours. Cut into 2-inch squares.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
What I like about you, you hold me tight
Tell me I’m the only one, wanna come over tonight, yeah
You’re whispering in my ear
Tell me all the things that I wanna to hear, ’cause that’s true
That’s what I like about you
What I like about you, you really know how to dance
When you go up, down, jump around, think about true romance, yeah
Laugh, learn and liven up your taste buds!