FOODIE FRIDAY – (enjoy a new recipe to try this weekend!)
Men + Bacon + Football what does that equal? A happy Super Bowl crowd!!!
- 18 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 head butter lettuce – rinsed, and torn
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Turn two muffin tins upside down, and cover the outside of 9 cups with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Weave the bacon into a mat that is 9 strips across and 9 strips wide. Cut into 9 even squares. Place each square over one of the foil covered muffin cups.
- Bake the bacon in the preheated oven until crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon cups from the pan and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, fill each with some lettuce and tomato halves. Top with shredded Cheddar cheese. Serve at room temperature
Laugh, learn and liven up your taste buds!