FOODIE FRIDAY – (enjoy a new recipe to try this weekend!)
That got your attention! Uh hem..I had black forest cake for breakfast today and feel nice and guilty. But it was 6:30am and it was in the work refrigerator. I’m a sucker for chocolate!!! So with all the naughty NAUGHTY treats and drinks we had this holiday season, how about we have something healthier! I’m always searching for a tasty pizza recipe that my stomach will accept since I have gastritis. That’s a nice stomach issue that doesn’t allow for alcohol, spicy, or fats! Yes I miss Indian, Mexican and Thai food booo hooooooo Chin up – hopefully it’s just one chin and not a double. Have a spectaular weekend!!!
Pear and Prosciutto Pizza
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups vertically sliced sweet onion
- 1 (12-ounce) prebaked pizza crust
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Uncover and cook 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
3. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Top evenly with onion mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Top evenly with pear and prosciutto. Sprinkle with pepper. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with nuts. Place arugula in a medium bowl. Drizzle vinegar over greens; toss gently to coat. Top pizza evenly with arugula mixture. Cut pizza into 8 wedges.
Ideas are like pizza dough, made to be tossed around. – Anna Quindlen
Laugh, learn and liven up your taste buds!