THINKING THURSDAY – (enjoy learning something new!)
Learn a little about celebrating in a British fashion:
7 slices of thin wholemeal bread, the crusts removed and then quartered
2 tblsp of honey
4-5 tblsp of almond slivers
1 and 1/4 C of milk
*For the plum sauce-
5 medium sized, ripe plums, stoned and chopped
4 tblsp of honey
1/2 tsp crushed red chillies
- Mix together all the ingredients for plum sauce in a small saucepan and place over low heat. Stir well, cover and cook till the juices flow and the fruit softens (about 10-11 minutes). Stir frequently. Keep aside to cool.
- Pre heat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Mix together the milk and honey.
- Dip 1/3 of the pieces of bread and arrange at the bottom of a shallow baking dish. Top this with 1/3 of the plum sauce, followed by 1/3 of the almond slivers.
- Repeat step 4 till all the bread, plum sauce and almonds have been used up. Pour in any remaining milk.
- Place the dish in the center of the oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes or till hot and bubbly.
- Serve warm or chilled with some cream.
Laugh, learn and liven up your taste buds!