FOODIE FRIDAY – (enjoy a new recipe to try this weekend!)
Sugar Cookie Ingredients
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup colored sugar for decoration
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Sift together the flour and baking powder, stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the heavy cream. Cover dough, and chill for 2 to 3 hours, until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place cookies 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottoms and edges of cookies are light brown. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks.
Royal Icing Ingredients
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- In a bowl, sift together confectioners’ sugar and cream of tartar. Using electric mixer, beat in 2 beaten egg whites for about 5 minutes or until mixture is thick enough to hold its shape.
step one: bake your blob cookie
Roll out your dough and cut out a blob shape with a sharp knife. Draw a shape first on paper and cut around the paper. Don’t make the blob too big, about 4 inches. If the edges are rough from cutting, pat with your fingers to smooth. Bake on a parchment paper lined baking tray and let cool.
step two: frost your blob
Pour the runny frosting onto the middle of the cookie and spread to the edges with a small spatula or butter knife. Squish in a marshmallow head. Let set til firm a good two hours. Now decorate with chocolate chip “coal”. If you melt down some additional chips and put into a plastic bag, you can cut a tiny hole in the edge and make some arms.
Now make yourself some hot cocoa, dunk your man and chomp his head!
Laugh, learn and liven up your taste buds!