SO MUCH FUN SATURDAY – (the greatest day of the week!)
Highwood is trying for the world’s record on lit pumpkins tonight. It’s sounds so exciting!
- Evening Gourmet Farmer’s Market at City Hall Park and Antique Vendors at Everts Park from 12pm to 8pm
- Noon to 8pm a day full of pumpkin carving and counting, food, vendors, children’s entertainment, live music on four different stages (City Park Main Stage: noon-4 pm Dr. Mudd, 4-8 pm TBA, Sheridan and Webster Stage: Phase Recording Studios will provide live music from noon-8, School of Rock will provide live music from 5:30-8 pm at School Of Rock (Everts) Park gazebo, Scout (WestOver) Park Stage: 2:00 noon – Midwest Young Artists’ brass ensemble), shopping, haunted fun house, hay rides, etc.
- 11am is the Giant Pumpkin Land Regatta, featuring huge pumpkins propelled by human power in a 100-yard race from the corner of Sheridan Road and Highwood Avenue, due north. First 20 contestants receive free 200 lb pumpkins. Contact Rob Sabo at: firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Noon Pumpkin Pie contest winner announced at City Hall Park, entrance fee $1. Registration and rules contact Catherine Lambrecht at: email@example.com or 847/432-8255.
- 1pm to 3pm Pumpkin Chuckin’ Catapult Contest at Scout (WestOver) Park. Visit www.celebratehighwood.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- 2pm to 4pm Dress Your Pet Halloween Costume Contest at School of Rock (Everts) Park.
- 4-5:30 pm The Great Costume Parade starting from the School of Rock (Everts) Park winding through Highwood.
- 5:30pm Artist Pumpkin Carving Competition winner announced in front of City Hall (17 Highwood Avenue). 1st place $500, 2nd place $100, 3rd place $50. Submission fee is $25. Contestants can register at: email@example.com.
The festivities culminate at 6:30pm with the lighting and grand display to break the Guinness Book of World’s Record for the most jack-o-lanterns.
Laugh, learn and liven up your taste buds!