I have no idea why, but this title of a book my friend told me about today made me laugh and laugh!!! And the other day I met someone that owns a bed and breakfast in Wauconda. Her name is Sherry and it’s the cutest little place! I think she should start having murder mystery weekends and they can be called The Quiche of Death. Breakfast = quiche = get it???
Here is Sherry’s place:
The Quiche of Death – by MC Beaton
Putting all her eggs in one basket, Agatha Raisin gives up her successful PR firm, sells her London flat, and samples a taste of early retirement in the quiet village of Carsely. Bored, lonely, and used to getting her way, she enters a local baking contest. Despite the fact that Agatha has never baked a thing in her life, she is sure the pie she has secretly bought from an upper-crust London quicherie will make her the toast of the town. But her recipe for social advancement sours when the judge not only snubs her entry – but falls over dead!
Broccoli Quiche Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Over medium-low heat melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onions, garlic and broccoli. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft. Spoon vegetables into crust and sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in melted butter. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until center has set.
Laugh, learn and liven up your taste buds!