Who could ask for anything more!
I was on a garden tour last summer and this man who had giant pigs in his gardens (statues of course), told me about Al’s. AL’S AUTO BODY AND ARBORETUM hahahahaha I said are you serious? Well turns out that it is. Our garden club is going on a field trip to Big Al’s on May 29 which is when he has his hosta sale weekend.
Wrenchs and greenery who woulda thunk it?
Spring is making me think of salads….mmmmmmm
Spinach Salad with Warm Maple Dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 10-ounce package fresh spinach, torn, or 12 cups baby spinach
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded smoked cheese, such as Gouda or Cheddar
Toast pecans in a small dry skillet over low heat, stirring often, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
Toss spinach and cucumber in a salad bowl.
Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add vinegar and maple syrup and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
Immediately pour the dressing over the spinach and cucumber. Toss well and sprinkle with cheese and toasted pecans.
Laugh, learn and liven up your taste buds! (who woulda thunk it?)