I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. ~Jim Davis
Low Fat Carrot Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (or use half white and whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar (or to taste, or can use brown sugar Splenda)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk (or use low-fat milk)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots (squeeze out some of the moisture with hands)
- 1/2 cup raisins
Set oven to 350 degrees.
Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners or spray tins with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl mix together first 7 ingredients.
In a small bowl whisk together egg, oil, milk and vanilla.
In a medium bowl mix the shredded carrots with the crushed pineapple.
Add in the oil/egg mixture into the carrot/pineapple mixture; mix well to combine, then add to the dry ingredients; mix JUST until combined.
Add in the raisins and chopped nuts.
Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin tins.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the muffins test done.
Laugh, learn and liven up your taste buds!