Eggos = no. Going to IHOP = no.
Getting the ladder out and pulling the good old waffle iron off the top shelf cause come on who actually keeps that sucker handy? = YES
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tbs sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 seperated eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 finely sliced apple
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- any brand waffle maker
1. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; set aside.
3. In a meduim bowl, beat egg yolks well. Stir in milk.
4. Add sifted dry ingredients to egg yolks and mix until moistened (be careful not to over mix).
5. Add vegetable oil. Fold in egg whites.
6. Pour cinnamon in mixture. Stir.
7. Add apples. Blend lightly into mixture.
8. Bake in preheated waffle maker for at least 4-5, until crisp and brown.
While searching for amusing waffle images, I came upon this one. Now come on….waffles and sunbathing. Where the heck are they plugging in the iron?